Actors in different sectors often struggle with the same obstacles and challenges that can derail successful partnering efforts. These include institutional dimensions and challenges, such as rigid procurement processes, lack of strategic vision and leadership for developing effective ways of partnering, amongst others. Through a presentation from Wahana Visi and a diverse panel discussion, participants learned about key aspects for organizations to be equipped for developing partnerships and build recognition of and appreciation of the institutional capacities required for effective collaboration.
Moderator: Darian Stibbe, Executive Director, The Partnering Initiative
- Chikezie Anyanwu, Chief, Partnerships Section, United Nations Development Coordination Office (UNDCO)
- Marion Birnstill, Senior Manager Global Community Impact EMEA, Johnson & Johnson Foundation
- H.E. María del Pilar Garrido Gonzalo, Minister of Planning and Economic Policy, Republic of Costa Rica
- Irene Marbun, Operations Director at Wahana Visi, WV Indonesia
- Lotta Tähtinen, Chief, Outreach and Partnerships, Division for SDGs, UN DESA
- Ian de Villiers, World Vision International