Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs) represent a critical follow-up and review mechanism of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development – member States are encouraged to conduct regular and inclusive VNRs of progress at the national and sub-national levels .The 2020 United Nations High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) featured VNRs from 47 countries with the Labs providing an informal platform to share best practices and reflect on cross-cutting themes and country experiences.
On 14 July 2020, TPI’s Executive Director Darian Stibbe participated in VNR Lab “Beyond the Voluntary National Reviews: mobilizing support and building national partnerships” that explored and showcased practices on how countries can systematically catalyze national multi-stakeholder partnerships for the SDGs. The Lab also explored how countries are working to create an enabling environment that may encourage and foster collaboration across stakeholders.
The event also marked the OFFICIAL LAUNCH of the SDG Partnership Guidebook. The Guidebook is the flagship publication of the SDG Partnership Accelerator and serves as a practical guide to building high impact multi-stakeholder partnerships for the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Mr. Siddharth Chatterjee, UN Resident Coordinator, Kenya
- 2030 Agenda Partnership Accelerator – An enabling ecosystem for systematically building national partnerships (Dr. Darian Stibbe, Executive Director, The Partnering Initiative)
- Mr. Julius Korir, PS, State Department of Youth Affairs, Government of Kenya
- Ms. Francella Strickland, Assistant Chief Executive Officer, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade, Government of Samoa
- Mr. Alen John, SDG Officer, NITI Aayog, Government of India
- Ms. Riina Pursiainen, Partnership Adviser, Prime Minister’s Office, Government of Finland
Watch the recording: