From July to September this year The Partnering Initiative has delivered a portfolio of training courses for effective cross sector partnering and corporate social responsibility (CSR) as part of the Aga Khan Development Network’s (AKDN) Civil Society Programme. The trainings took place across Africa and Central Asia, some highlights from the programme were:
20-25 June, Bamako, Mali – TPI carried out cross -sector partnering training and CSR consultancy to AKDN social agencies and companies, to develop their strategic CSR approaches and partnerships between business and civil society.
24-25 July , Dar es Salaam, Tanzania – TPI conducted training in effective cross-sector partnering skills to AKDN social agencies and companies, attended by 24 participants.
27-28 July, Kampala, Uganda – TPI conducted training in effective cross-sector partnering skills to AKDN social agencies and companies, including Kampala Pharmaceuticals, Jubilee Insurance, Air Uganda and Serena Hotels.
12-16 September, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan – CSR Week organised by the Aga Khan Foundation and the CSR Network. This included a 2 day training of trainers and a conference for companies in strategic CSR management.
13-15 September, Islamabad , Pakistan– in partnership with the Aga Khan Foundation, TPI conducted training of trainers to 12 representatives of Civil Society Resource Centre, Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy and the Aga Khan Foundation.
21-22 September, Dushanbe, Tajikistan – in partnership with Aga Khan Foundation, TPI conducted training in effective cross-sector partnering to 28 representatives of AKDN social agencies and AKFED companies, including FMFB and TCell.
Following the training programme in Uganda, participants gave their positive feedback:
- “Wonderful, it’s been exciting, touching, emotional, I am looking forward to us being partners!”
- “The partnerships we have established today – whatever it is that we have established – is a great platform to influence policy – this is a unique partnering experience – let’s keep going”
- “It was great to overcome isolation, get updated on what everyone’s doing and identify the potential for partnering”
- “I feel more enriched, enhanced and empowered, I can see the added value of the work we are doing, this is just the beginning, the sky is the limit!”
- “The workshop was very timely for us, a remarkable time and opportunity to meet the AKDN agencies and learn from each other”
For more information about TPI training courses, please see our Training section.