30th January, 2013, Hilton, Amsterdam
Twelve months on from The Economist’s inaugural Feeding the World summit, a high-level audience will gather in Amsterdam to discuss how to accelerate progress in coordinating efforts to tackle the planet’s food security crisis. Industry leaders, government officials, donors, aid agencies and representatives of the research community will explore opportunities to collaborate in delivering improved nutrition and sustainable agricultural markets.
Chaired by John Parker, Globalisation Editor of The Economist and author of the Feeding the World special report, prominent speakers from around the world include:
- Sharon Dijksma, Minister of Agriculture, Government of the Netherlands
- Feike Sijbesma, Chief Executive Officer, DSM
- Marc van Ameringen, Executive Director, GAIN
- Janet Voute, Vice President, Global Head of Public Affairs, Nestlé S.A.
- Alex Counts, President and Chief Executive Officer, Grameen Foundation
- BerryMarttin, Member of the Executive Board, Rabobank
- Amit Roy, President and Chief Executive Officer, IFDC
- Ellen Gustafson, Founder and Executive Director, The 30 Project
- Steve Sonka, Professor, University of Illinois
- Siep Hiemstra, President Africa and Middle East, HEINEKEN