On 21 July 2020, The Partnering Initiative (TPI) held a virtual learning and networking event in collaboration with Pioneer Partners of the Partnering for Philanthropic Impact programme, Z Zurich Foundation and Johnson & Johnson Foundation.
- Jenny Ekelund, TPI Senior Advisor
- Darian Stibbe, Executive Director of TPI
- David Nash, Z Zurich Foundation and grantee partner Amy Rose McGovern, Concern Worldwide
- Marion Birnstill, Johnson & Johnson Foundation and grantee partner Debbie Rogers, Executive Director of Praekelt
Participants heard about:
- The changing landscape: What are the diverse ways in which Foundations are seeking to partner with grantees and support wider partnerships to maximise impact?
- The learning process: What are the key challenges of working in this way and how can they be overcome?
- Matching ambition with infrastructure: How do Foundations need to change the way they work to drive collaborative transformational development?
Friends of the Partnership Workshop
Later on the same day, a closed event was held for a select group of participants from foundations identified as Friends of the Programme. These foundations have contributed to the inquiry phase and continue to be a valuable source of networking and insights as TPI and the Pioneer members build their thought leadership in the space of Partnering for Philanthropic Impact. Foundations interested in becoming a Friend of the Programme or a Pioneer Member are invited to reach out to us via the form on this page.
Complex challenges require comprehensive solutions: multi-year funding, trust, openness, shared interests and like-minded partners with a common purpose – these are the secrets to success.
— The Partnering Initiative (TPI) (@tpiglobal) July 21, 2020
Learn more about the Partnering for Philanthropic Impact Programme