TPI runs open training courses and masterclasses to build professional capabilities for collaboration. Over 8,000 people have undertaken a TPI training course.
Open training courses
Effective Partnering for Sustainable Development
TPI’s Effective Partnering for Sustainable Development course is suited both to new partnership practitioners and those with some partnering experience who wish to complement and formalise their learning with frameworks, practical tools and experiential learning. The course balances core knowledge with interactive, experiential learning through ‘serious games’, peer-to-peer exchange and case clinics.
“I’ve participated in a number of partnership courses, but this is the best yet! Whatever stage you’re at in a partnership process from planning to setting-up and beyond, this course is essential. Over five sessions, you get the structured clarity you need to explore, design, and manage a partnership and lead it to success!” – 2022 Course Participant
The course is based on TPI’s flagship publication developed with the UN, the SDG Partnership Guidebook and other TPI resources. It is structured around five virtual seminars, with assigned reading and tasks for participants to contextualise the learning to their own situation in between the seminars.
The course can either be undertaken as an intensive course (five mornings during one week), or over a period of five weeks.
Five virtual seminars (each lasting 2.5 hours) via Zoom with virtual interactive tools;
- Understanding the rich tapestry of partnerships and how they create strategic value
- Good practice partnering process and the building blocks of effective collaboration
- Partnership negotiation: maximising value and deepening the collaborative relationship
- Keeping partnerships healthy and effective
- Partnering in practice: personal action plans and embedding into your organisation.
Each seminar is complemented by assignments for participants in their own time (1 to 2 hours between each seminar). They consist of a combination of background reading and application of knowledge to their own work to draw out learning and deeper reflection.
By the end of the course, participants will –
- Have exchanged experiences and learned from a diverse set of peer participants;
- Have a shared language and full strategic understanding of multi-stakeholder partnership approaches to deliver sustainable development;
- Have developed knowledge of the building blocks for effective partnerships, a range of competencies and skills, and a complete set of tools to build and support collaboration;
- Have been able to apply learning and tools to their own situation and develop individual partnering action plans;
- Have access to a range of materials to be able to pass their increased knowledge onto colleagues within their organisation.
Course dates and cost
The cost of the course is:
- £1100 for-profit companies
- £750 for NGO / government / UN / social enterprises
The next training course will take place:
- 5th to 9th February 2024, 9am-11.30 UK time (plus 30 minutes to an hour self study)